Do you have a home business? Are you not sure how to keep up over the summer because:
- Kids are home?
- You have a vacation to plan and execute or people coming to visit?
- You have additional tasks or events (like gardening or summer sports) during your day?
Well, you’re not alone. If you want your business to move forward so you can have an awesome fall, t’s simply a matter of:
- Organizing your time on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Making it a priority to do what you want to accomplish
- Considering alternatives when you can’t schedule it all
Just like your house cannot be organized until you have a place for everything to go, your time cannot be organized unless you have a timeslot for everything to get done. Seems simple….but it can change your life. I know it did mine.
Want to get it all done? Make it a priority! How? Put it in your calendar as an appointment. Set aside the time for the show/event, the preparation, the follow-up – all of it. Make sure you have the time set aside to accomplish all aspects of the event.
Can’t figure out how to get it all done? Consider alternatives. Can you double up on hostesses? Can you hire out some of the tasks in your day-to-day life? How much would you pay in order to be able to earn money and build your business? What makes more sense? Holding a home show to earn $150 or staying home to clean your house? How much would it cost to pay someone to do the cleaning? What is your net income?
We’ll talk about this in more detail in the days and weeks to come. Let me know if you have any specific comments, questions or further suggestions!